[TechAssist] Sharp 1987, 25"TV, model 25MC157, shuts off.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:00:35 -0800

This set was in another shop for dead.  Set was repaired and worked fine
in the shop, but in the home it only lasted 2-3 hours and then shut off
by it self.  When I tested it in the home the set came on for about 30
seconds and then went into shutdown.  When the power button is pressed
the relay clicks off and on.  Set is a console model and up 1 flight of
stairs, so I pulled the chassis and took it back to my shop.  Found some
bad connections and a bad cap in the vertical section.  The P/S looks
very simple as does the deflection circuits.  The signal circuit is on a
large circuit board on the side of the console TV.  Anybody have
experience with this model of Sharp?   I'm hoping I don't have to bring
the whole set in.  TIA.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada