[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo AVM2753

  • From: "Video Clinic- Pana" <videoclinicpana@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:17:55 -0600

I had a similiar problem last week  there is a cap on the primary of the
horizontal driver transformer  1 mf @ 160 volt.. check that and also under
the hot resistors ther is a .047 disk cap that was bad on mine.  there are
two more caps at the ic were the horizontal drive is coming from that were
also bad  ..small ones but changes the waveshape of the horiz drive signal.
the emitter of hot is going to ground thru the big resister and the .047 is
parallel with it  mine would run ok for about 15 minutes then blow the hot
again.. after replacing and checking all caps in the path of horizontal
drive signal  it was running only warm and was linear sweep also.  i thought
it was a yoke and when i replaced that ther was no change  but i have found
bad yokes where the glue holding the wedges made contact with the coils and
corroded the wires  hope this helps.
roy aka videoclinicpana@xxxxxxxxx