[TechAssist] Re: Rockwood 800W-4CH

  • From: "Rafael Gallegos" <gallegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:52:57 -0700

most of these amps use irfz44 fets, you can get those from dalbani corp
they sell for about 1.50 each, the 48 ohms and the c914 must be the
snubber filter in the power supply, I think the typical value of the cap
is .0027 uF. after you replace bad components check for pulse out of the
lm494,  frecuency should be around 35khz amplitud 12v they come out of
pin 9 and 10 of lm494.

GOOD LUCK.
>>> rstek@xxxxxxxxxx 02/14/02 02:57PM >>>

I'm going to warn you about those amps,  I bet the MOSFET's in the
power
supply are bad and are quite expensive.  Also was it connected
backwards to
damage it or did it overheat?  Also Rockwood amps are on the lower end
of
the quality scale.  I'd check the large diode across the12v in.  If
it's
shorted or open then it's going to be expensive.  I work on a lot of
MA
Audio and Audiobahn amps as well as enter simple competitions with my
own
setup so I've seen a lot of different amps.  Unless the cust. has deep
pockets and has someone who can re-install it properly as well as set
it up.

Frank
Rs-Tek