[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo AVM-2554, Tuner intermitent

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:11:57 -0500

Jose
Probably still bad tuber connection. You just haven't hit the right
spot.
Whenever possible, and things are not in too close proximity, I pull the
cover off (solder side) Plug it in, give it a quick covering with cold
spray, and probe it with a tooth pick, or fine non-metallic probe.
I can usually narrow it down, and then get right on the connection. Then
you can almost reproduce the problem each time. Usually turns out to be
a fine wire, coming thru the board, and not necessarily ground busses.
Multiband tuners have a habit of correcting themselves, temporarily when
you start working on them.
Other thing..replacement tuners for these set is not as expensive as it
once was, so if you shotgun solder, and not sure you have physically
found the bad connection, may be an idea to change it.

-Ed-

Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada

Servicing the Consumer Electronic Industry since 1963

teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx