[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo 32" HDTV dead. DS32830H (ch# 32830H-00)

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:06:40 -0500

I have the list of parts ordered at Tritronics. Most in stock, some back
ordered. I ordered two of each for CYA's sake! I think I will just try
it. It's possible a line surge did it, or could be a fly. I faxed sanyo
technical saturday, but they are notorious for returning the fax in a
week or two. Like a shop is going to wait 2-3 weeks.(or more accurately,
the cuss-tomer).  I gave them all my bad parts and asked what would do
this(such as a known issue like a fly,etc) To date no answer.
One time I actually had them fax me back a month later on some simple
thing. Gads what are they thinking!
Phil Bader

Scott Beebe wrote:

>Hello Phil,
>Would the H-out x-sistor shorting damage the power supply? I would just
>replace the known bad parts, and try it... or is it a return?
>

> Thanx,
>
>Scott Beebe
>Ohm Electronics Inc.
>609 W. Clinton St.
>Ithaca NY 14850
>Voice: (607) 273-8406
>Fax: (607) 273-8743
>WWW.OhmElectronicsInc.com
>mailto:Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Saturday, January 29, 2005, 10:54:36 AM, you wrote:
>
>Phil> Other ID: "Family/Group: VB1A" Made Nov. 2003.
>Phil>  Customer said they watched it night before, next morning, dead. No
>storms.
>Phil> This is made with two large boards, one I would call signal, the other
>Phil> power/deflection. There are other daughter boards.
>Phil> Inspected and found, all on power board...
>Phil> Blown AC fuse F601 (4A GMA)
>Phil> Main reg FET shorted: Q601 (K3505)
>Phil> HOT shorted: Q402 ("Toshiba C5857").
>Phil> The three small reg. transistors all test OK out of circuit:
>Q611,612,613.
>Phil>  The 4 lead opto-iso "seems" OK with diode test. (# on part: PC123)
>Phil> All the small low-ohm resistors and small diodes in the PS area seems
>Phil> OK,too.
>Phil> My first Sanyo HDTV.
>Phil> Any one have experience with this one? Suggestions needed.
>Phil> Wonder why the PS and HOT was damaged. Which caused which...
>Phil> Wonder is there's a service manual in pdf available.
>Phil> Thanks,
>Phil> Phil Bader
>
>Phil> --
>
>Phil> Philip Bader
>Phil> Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
>Phil> 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
>Phil> Fax (863) 299-8821
>Phil> email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx