[TechAssist] Samsung TXK2754 with repeat horizontal output failure

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:04:19 -0500

I currently have a Samsung TXK2754 that was serviced by another servicer in
the past about 4 or 5 times for a dead set according to the customer (she
recently moved into my area). I found the horizontal output transistor
shorted and this had been replaced by the other servicer (I could find no
evidence that any other parts had been replaced at any time). I ordered
parts directly from Samsung and installed them this past Thursday and the
set ran continously until at least 1pm on Saturday when we closed (I came in
this morning and found the unit dead again with the output transistor
shorted again). The B+ was rock steady at 135 volts, the horizontal waveform
was perfect,  and the set was looking good prior to dying again. Here is the
list of parts I replaced:

Q401 (HOT) (KSD5703, Samsung # 0502-001136

T444S (Flyback) (FUH-29A001A, Samsung# AA26-00013A)

D805 (135 V rectifier) (F10U60S, Samsung# 0402-001358)

Does anyone have some suggestions as to why the HOT keeps shorting (and it
is "normally" cool with no signs of overheating)?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms