[TechAssist] Repaired: Philips TV Model: 32PT81S127. Chassi: 32H800. Set will not respond to remote control.

  • From: "Robinson Electronics" <RobinsonElectronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ServiceTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:31:35 -0400

       Thanks again for your help. Replaced the SSB today, and adjusted the
parameter values, works great now.
The SSB must have been going bad, it would not shut down, but after on for a
while - it would quit responding to the remote control.
I could cool the board with spray and the remote would function for a minute
or two.
It was hard to keep the set responding to the remote to copy the service
values.
Replacing the SSB was the only cure, I ordered "first" and replaced the IR
sensor and the zener diode that causes shutdown but did not help.
Spent some time on this.
(Hope this will help someone else in the future).
Thanks again to all who responded to this email.   David.