[TechAssist] Re: Remote Control tester

  • From: Hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:59:42 EST

Noticed you guys talking about your Palm recorders. I have been thinking of
getting one, however I know nothing about them. What can they do....what do
they cost....and what should I look for in one?

Tommy Herman
Herman TV
250 School Ave SW
Taylorsville  N.C.  28681
828-632-5322 Voice
828-632-3880  Fax
hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is such a program.  It is called IR monitor.  It measures both the
presence and strength of the IR signal as well.  I also have one for my
IIIe/VII that is called Omniremote.  It allows you to design a layout for a
remote and program the buttons you create on your screen using the original
remote control.  Your Palm then can control the device.  Both work great and
are WELL worth the little amount it costs to register them.  Only limitation
to both programs is that the internal IR of a palm is NOT all that powerful,
remotes for IR monitor are best put right up next to it, and with Omniremote
you usually have to be within 2 feet of the device you are trying to
control.

HTH

Scott Fuller
Quality Control Administrator