[TechAssist] RCA flybacks, STKs, counterfeit semiconductors

  • From: ACME Enterprises <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:04:15 -0500

We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
No minimum order.  We ship anywhere.  Most orders shipped same day.
Free shipping and handling on orders over $50.  Why pay more?

---

JUST IN -- replacements for RCA flybacks and splitters
ALL carry a ONE YEAR warranty

213986 - $29.95
226094 - $19.95
229880 - $19.95
257805 - $17.95

NEW LOWER PRICE on our replacement for 204809 focus block - $27.95
ONE YEAR warranty

---

COUNTERFEIT SEMICONDUCTORS

Sadly, we're hearing more and more "horror stories" from our customers
about counterfeit transistors and ICs.  The problem seems to be getting
worse, especially regarding Japanese devices being distributed in the
USA.  Since most of these "bootlegs" are grossly inferior to the
original devices, they waste your time and money.  They also muddy the
already confusing issue of "original" versus "generic" transistors and ICs.

Since the original manufacturers seem to have no interest in addressing
this problem, it's up to us in the service and distribution industries
to protect ourselves, our businesses, and our customers.  To this end,
we will be adding some informative pages to our Web site soon.  We'll be
featuring photos of genuine and knockoff devices and as much information
as possible on the visible differences between them.  (We will NOT be
using these pages as an opportunity to bash the competition.)

We invite everyone in the service and distribution sectors, as well as
interested individuals, to contact us with any information you're
willing to share, including photos.  You can send us any information on
this topic by replying to this email message. If you prefer to remain
anonymous, visit our Web site and use our "Contact Us" form (enter the
word "counterfeit" instead of your email address on the form).

We'll compile the information and put a notice in this newsletter as
soon as the pages on our Web site go live.

Another invitation:  If you EVER receive any semiconductor device from
us that you believe is counterfeit, or you think there's something "just
not right" about, we want to hear from you -- immediately.

---

STK392-180 - $12.99 each
---------------------------------------

This IC is a superior replacement for STK392-110, -120, and -150, and is
especially recommended for big Hitachi and Mitsubishi sets where the
original STK392-110s run too hot.

We have an extremely limited supply of this IC at this low price.  First
come, first served.

---

More SEMICONDUCTOR specials - while supplies last
----

STK392-110
10 for only $79.00

2SD2539
10 for only $24.99
Used in lots of Toshiba and Panasonic sets
Same as Toshiba 23314970 and Panasonic B1BAER000004

STK392-020
10 for only $89.00

2SK2662 FET
10 for only $13.49

STRF6626 Switching regulator IC
10 for only $34.99

2SD1887 Horizontal output
(RCA 227010 and Sony 8-729-805-07)
10 for only $24.99

2SC5148 Horizontal output
(RCA 237470 and Sony 8-729-035-75)
10 for only $24.99

2SC4834P Switcher transistor
(Sony 8-729-019-49)
10 for only $16.99

LA7838 Vertical deflection IC
10 for only $11.99

STR30130 Regulator IC
10 for only $15.99

TDA9302H
Vertical output IC
10 for only $14.99

BU2508DF
Horizontal output
10 for only $13.99

---

GC Waldom Chemicals and Service Aids

We're now carrying the GC Waldom line -- click "Tools/Service
Aids/Chemicals" on our web site main menu.

---

DOWNLOAD OUR LATEST FLYER

Once again, you asked for it, you got it!  You can now download
our latest flyer directly from our Web site:
http://www.acme-sales.net

Just click the "Download Our Latest Flyer" link.

---

We carry over 3100 transistors and integrated circuits and over 300
flybacks and HV splitters.

Call toll-free 1-800-575-9833 or visit our web site
http://www.acme-sales.net for items not listed here!

At your service,

The ACME Team

TV and stereo repair parts