[TechAssist] Re: RCA VCR model# VR652 HF

  • From: Mike Barnett <passthecash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:41:39 -0700 (PDT)

Monte, Thanks for the reply, I know this is actually Toshiba however i
didn't know what chassis to call it. The cast aluminum cassette tray loading
lever is ok and the main cam gear is timed correctly. I cleaned the mode
switch also. After i did all this work i checked it again and noticed that
the load motor did not initialize, ya know the normal forward/reverse at
startup. So i pulled the load motor and found that it's burnt. I dont have a
new motor yet but i expect that when i change this should take care of the
problem. Never seen one of these motors go bad. >>>>One for the books.
Thanks again,
Mike