[TechAssist] Re: RCA TV model no. F31221WN

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:26:47 -0500

Hi'
You need to include the original threads so we can look it over and jog our
memories on your problem. I think the model is a CTC169. Direct view? size?
Does the squeeling start when you plug it in, before turning it on?
If so, change the small 'lytics around the smps IC area for starters.
Phil

R & S ELECTRONICS wrote:

> Phil, replaced the old transister and still the set high pitch squilling
> noise, noticed the filament doesnt lit but at the same time high voltage is
> there.  Do you think its the flyback causing this problem ?
> Pls let me know if you came across this set.
> Thanks for your help.
> Sunny
> R&S Electronics,PA
> TEL/FAX:(717)532-6312
> Email:rselect@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx