[TechAssist] Re: RCA TV model F36450 No pix or audio

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:05:23 -0500

I'm wondering if the eeprom was affected when the orig. parts failed.
Normally I would referr you to the schemo to see at what point the OSD
charactor generator injected the OSD into the video. The video loss
would be after that point.  I assume theres no small set up  switch on a
board that may have been repositioned.
Phil Bader

CGRIFF4000@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I have checked for all that. There is no OSD either and B+ seems all ok.
>Thank you,
>Chad
>Griffiths TV/VCR
>Schenectady, NY 12304
>
>In a message dated 1/20/2005 3:15:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>>think simple:
>>Could it be in Video mode?
>>Could you have unplugged a small cable when repairing it?
>>Swapped two cables in each others plug?
>>Damaged a small SMD around the parts you replaced, or slid the board
>>across  a surface and scraped an SMD off?
>>Does OSD show?
>>Phil Bader
>>
>>CGRIFF4000@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>

>>>RCA 36" TV m# F36450 C# ATC113CA1. When this unit came to me, the SMPS was
>>>chirping. I replaced the HOT &FTB and now the unit turns on fine and no
>>>chirping. But it does'nt have audio or video, it only turns on. Any ideas?
>>>Thank you,
>>>Chad
>>>Griffiths TV/VCR
>>>Schenectady, NY 12303

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx