[TechAssist] Re: RCA TV, F35750ST, chassis CTC169BG5, shuts down

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:28:47 -0500

Won't be my first time pulling a board, or part, install a used one,
only to "inject" the problem right back in it again.
i had same chassis a month ago with the same leaking small caps on the
upright audio board, replaced caps,same. Had to replace the audio output
ICs a final fix.
Phil Bader

gulftech@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>Has been a TV from the pit of xxxx.
>
>Came in dead, but would click (pulse) four times.  Replaced
>C4102/242026/2.2@100, C4104/189982/15@63, C4108/208002/39@50,
>C4118/470@35/190496, CR4118/164590, C4401/.0162@1600/206009,
>C4402/.056@400/200149 , CR4402/243636, & Flyback T4401/200418.  Set was a
>bit contrary--might have to hit start twice, but looked OK.  Already lost
>on my estimate, so sent it home.
>
>Came back two weeks later, with the original symptom.  Had used an HR sub
>for the flyback because the RCA original has been on backorder for close
>to 11 months.  Tried an ASTI sub.  No change.
>
>MANY hours later, found the set would come up with the audio pcb
>disconnected.  Found several bad caps on the board, but problem remained.
> It is the 10 watt analog audio pcb 216809, but is NLA.  Had a good (?)
>used board.  Installed.  Set ran for about 12 hours then shut off with
>original symptom.  Floating pin 13, system reset, from the audio board
>allows the set to power up with good video, but (of course) no audio.
>This is exactly what we found with the original board.  At a total loss
>for answers.  Need help, please.
>
>TIA,
>

>Ken Smith
>Gulf Technical Services
>3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
>Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
>850-934-8324 (Voice), 850-932-0819 (fax)

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx