[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTV Fluid leakage, various

  • From: Labeauxman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:35:06 EDT

Hi All,
     Just curious about what everyone else is doing on them? Here I bend a
small piece of thinner cardboard over the metal just in front of the gasket and
tape it in place. Haven't seen any one the ones I started doing this on come
back and be leaking. It also would be a little time consuming to take a little
fluid out of any one of the tubes with a little overfill from the factory I
suspect. I can't really see how there can be more fluid over a period of time.
Evaporation explains why I have to add fluid in more than a few of them or as
in the case of RCA's it can easily be leakage. I just finished a PTK169 and
after bench testing it, and even before I turned it on the gasket looks like it
has a little too much fluid in it. I also had to turn this, the red tube, up a
little with the screen control. It was to close to amuse me and not close
enough to make me take out the tube and remove some of the fluid. Not to
mention
adding more on the labor. Anyway I am just curious??? The fix on it was this
one turned out to be replacing CR4117, RCA# 164590, for no startup. I also
replaced R757U on the HV regulator board which read 14K instead of 11K at two
watts, and had bad solder joints on both ends. And last but not least the
cardboard
and tape more as preventive for a possible fluid leak. And yes I also
inspected all of the tubes for low fluid levels.

                                                         Thanks,
                                                              Lindsey
Lindsey Altman
At Home Service Company