[TechAssist] Re: Fw: Re: Charging Circuit--Ryobi 14.5 drill Charger

  • From: "Warren C." <warrenca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:07:45 -0400

COPY
Hi All    For those who have been following this!

I tinkered with this drill a bit today and found out a few things
I hope that this helps others.
The output device is a 7018 regulator probably on the negative side as the
bridge
rectifier + goes straight to the
battery + terminal.
The third connection on the battery goes to a thermal fuse then onto the -
terminal of the battery (all inside the battery of course)
I also jumpered out the regulator and this turned off the (green) fully charged
light and brought on the (red) fast charge light. Voila!
Testing the battery voltage it started to rise fairly quickly. I left it this
way
for about 1 minuite to see how the drill itself would repond. It responded very
well.
Interesting thing-- with my jumpers now removed the charger now goes to fast
charge on it's own when you plug in the battery.
I will have to see if I jump started it or damaged it. ( nothing to loose
right).

Tomorrow!!
WC