[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTK195W1T Model # P61950

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:54:55 -0500

Hi Buck,

To answer you question about the eeprom, you do need chipper check to
correctly initialize a new eeprom (or for that matter, to check and
reinitialize the ones that are in the set now).  The "preprogrammed" eeproms
(if someone has those available?) may work, but won't be correctly aligned
for your chassis.  By the way, this chassis will have either 2 or 3 eeproms
(3 if it has "twin tuner PIP" or 2 otherwise), one for the main chassis and
tuner, one for the convergence, and one for the second PIP tuner.  There are
several service bulletins about tuning problems for this chassis depending
on when it was made.  If you can tell me the first three digits of the
serial number, I can tell you if any of that applies.

Jerry Eiting
Christians Electronic Service
Troy, Ohio