[TechAssist] RCA PTK195AB , P52810LV projo instantly blows 5A AC fuse

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:31:59 -0400

I am the second shop into this unit.Not sure what the first did,but
customer complained of lines appearing in the picture and I thinj he
heard it in the sound also,like a tuner going into oscillation (I think
from his description).
He got tired of dealing with the other shop and the highly intermittant
condition. I was scheduled to come out and take the chassisbut before I
did, he called ,said it started looking distorted,so he turned it
off.Later it was totally dead.
Sure enough.
In the shop I found the main 5 amp AC fuse blown. No shorts found.
Q14401 HOT OK, main v. regulator Q14101 OK. PS Rectifiers all seem
OK.Rectifier bridge OK. Main capacitor 680mfd@250V OK.
BUT: Install a new 5A fuse ,simply plugping in the line cord instantly
blows fuse.
No shorts found anywhere!
Need input!
Phil Bader