[TechAssist] RCA PTK169 dark pic

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:11:30 -0600

 Greetings all:

 RCA P52755stlg1
 ctc169pc

 The picture thru video 2 is good, however, thru video 1, svhs, or tuner,
the picture is dark.  Using a stairstep pattern fully half of the picture is
black.  With PIP on, if the main pic is video two the other inputs are
good!  Swap and everything goes dark.

 I changed the switch IC 1401 and it made no difference; cleaned the
 chocolate drops away, too.

The voltages are all close to what the manual calls for, except for the -6
on IC1401, which reads -8.
I injected video at IC1401p1 (tv) and p2 (aux 1) and the pic came up good.
The signals, AC and DC, seem to be consistant between aux1, aux2, tv, but
there MUST be some difference.
Changed the coupling caps and the power supply caps for IC1401.  And since I
had a second IC, I tried that hoping I had two identically bad ones (yea
right).

One other thing, the selected video output is always good.
So what is in common with everything except video 2?

 Wayne Vanaman
 Omega Electronics
 6904 W Fairfield Dr
 Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310