[TechAssist] RCA P56740BG PTK-178L2P red convergence distorted

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:55:21 -0400

This one came in with compressed red convergence output on one side and had
several bad components on the convergence amp board.  Replaced those and now
I have good convergence output, but occassionally the red convergence drive
signals go nuts, appearing to be at rates several times normal on the
horizontal.  I get what appears to be repetive cylces of sine and parabolic
waves across the pix.

I don't have the literature on this beast and wonder if anyone can at least
point me to where the convergence generator is.  The problem is not on the
convergence control board, as I have another good one that I swapped out.

Thanks,

Leonard G. Caillouet
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL