[TechAssist] Re: RCA *** P52730CK No Raster all 3 tubes ***

  • From: Labeauxman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:47:11 EDT

One more time John,
     I have also never found a suitable replacement for these diodes. Your
best bet is to use the original RCA part. HTH

                                                       Lindsey
Hi John,

     On the PTV auxiliary power supply, the one on the right mounted to the
wooden cabinet, looking from the back of the unit, has two large size diodes,
CR7P, and CR8P. RCA part #164590. It is common after HV block replacement on
lot of them. You need to replace both of them in your unit. I have seen only
one be bad and one tube light dimly They usually test good also although more
than likely have a 3 or 4 meg reverse resistance. HTH
                                                            Lindsey

Make: Rca
Model: P52730CK
Chassis: CTC169PC

Problem: No Raster all 3 tubes.

Hi Everyone;

     Seems that I'm having a brain dump on this on. Set came in for bad
splitter, replaced, now set has no raster on all 3 tubes. turning up
screen on all 3 gives a raster with drive lines. have 200v, 12v & 0v on
the loss of scan circuit but for some reason this will not register in
my mind, so I'm asking for advice !

Thank You In Advance,

John Mikowich
East Side Tv.