[TechAssist] RCA HDTV Model D61W20\ITC222 Chasis.

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:24:00 -0700

I am going on a service call on this set thats 25miles away.The customer
say's that the tv is dead .When he powers it on,the tv will make like a
whining noise in 2 sec intervals,the front lite blinks 2 or 3 times and
then stops blinking and set is dead.He has to wait for a little while
before he can try again.It sounds to me like a bad flyback but this is a
2004 model set and don't know if they are already having trouble with
this fly's.Maybe someone hear that does alot of rca's or is an rca asc
can give me some info as to what the most common problem would be.I have
heard of troubles with the small module and also bad splitters.All tips
and suggestions welcomed.Thanks
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande,AZ