[TechAssist] RCA G35310WK CTC169JA2 Snd problem

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 18:32:49 -0600

Customer stated loss of sound after lightning storm. I located defective
U1600(190484) Stereo DBX Decoder and U1601(204290)DAC. Sound returned after
replacement.

Problem now is that the sound will be at normal listening level for apx 5
min,(with sound turned all the way down!), when turned on from cold start.
After set is warmed up sound will go down(as control indicates). Then set
will have normal listening level(turned all the way down)for only 2-4
seconds, so heat does affect the problem.(All voltages on ICs are the same,
whether sound is up or down.) Heating and cooling of parts in audio circuit
have no effect on problem.

Customer probably would not notice this problem, because the audio level is
OK when left at normal level and they would have no reason to have it set
all the way down, at cold start. But I know the problem is there and would
like to find the solution. I probably would not have detected the problem if
I didn't cook out my sets with no volume. If anyone has any suggestions, I
would like to hear them. This thing is driving me nuts.

Paul W
C&W Electronics

SUBJECT field to the address above.