[TechAssist] Re: mitsubishi vs 5017s

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:22:38 -0600

Charles,

From Winstips, change C914, 22ufd, 50 volts.  There is a note that the
polarity is wrong on bottom of the board.

Visually examine (as well as ESR test all the caps in the power supply
and deflection circuits.  That model doesn't ring a bell with me, but
most Mits have trouble with leaky caps in those areas with corresponding
pcb damage.

HTH.,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:51:05 -0600 "repair1" <repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> I have a vs5017s in shop  that hv comes up , then instantly goes into
> shutdown, I do not have print , I do not see may mitsubishis, any
> service
> info or help would be greatly appreciated
> charles betzler
> Best Electronics
> repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> SUBJECT field to the address above.