[TechAssist] Re: RCA G27211WK , CTC159L took 220V surge, need parts ID

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:33:39 -0400

Phil and All: I see you just fixed one of these. I have a question: I also
have a shorted HOT, but my HOT is a 2SD1879 (Original) and it had never been
changed. I notice you show that (2SC3892A) same as WinStips shows for it.
PartsFinder doesn't go back to this oldie, but..I know some of you do. Does
anyone have any idea why the CTC159 shows this strange HOT in Phil's set and
a couple of times in WinStips and mine has a original D1879 installed. My
set had a open big 2.7 ohm white resistor, open fuse and shorted HOT. I put
a D1879 in the set and the other two parts and all I get is Tick, tick,
Tick. I looked at that (2SC3892A) and the transistor is even shaped
differently than the D1879. Does anyone know if they used different trans
for the HOT in these CTC159 and why mine may be ticking? I know in the
CTC169 they used the same old D1885 for the HOT in them all. Does anyone
think my Fly is bad causing the Ticking since the HOT was short? Also, is
there a equivalent CR4118 in the CTC159 that commonly failed like in the
CTC169. Thanks

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"