[TechAssist] Re: RCA F27701BK CTC169CA6 Primary voltages too high

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:53:32 -0400

Monitor the clollector of  Q4107 for 15vpp H-pulse (- going) from FBT and
pin 2 of U4101 for 3 vpp H-pulse (+ going).  This is the input to the
regulator for the duty cycle of the chopper.

Check the values of the resistors R4114, 15, 16, 18.  This is the network
that supplies the B+ sample to the error amp q4105.

This info comes from Bob Rose's book on RCA TV servicing, BTW, I'm not that
smart a guy...  It is a good source for an overview of many RCA chassis and
their problems that will often point you in the right direction as a start.
This circuit can be tough to troubleshoot without a good reference if it is
not the routine problems like the caps or reg IC.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL