[TechAssist] Re: RCA Chassis # CTC 187CH flagging with vcr

  • From: Tvcr9@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:45:06 EST

In a message dated 3/6/04 12:36:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, gary@xxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

 Is it possible BOTH VCR's have problems ?  Most of flagging problems that
I've seen are caused by mechanical faults.  I'd take off the cover and  try
moving the  tension guide  by hand while a tape is playing and see if the
flagging
disappears. The guide should be steady while a tape is playing. If it moves,
you may check/replace the tension band around the supply reel. Good cleaning
of the entire tape path is where I would start.  Good luck.

Bill
Wafa Electronics
Gaithersburg, Maryland
(301)518-4773