[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC311 Chassis?

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 07:28:36 -0500

The only problems I have seen are cracked HV splitters.  This also causes a
resistor, r14705, 1/2W 27K, to burn.  Now THAT may cause a problem.  When
the resistor burns (they are carbon!) they burn the board.  The last one I
did the board was charred so badly that I would not trust it to not conduce,
and the eyelet for one connection on the resistor was burned away, making it
impossible to solder.  That means replace the deflection board.  Not too
tough.

Deflection boards are replaceable under warranty with no special
authorization.

I replace the carbon resistors with metal film flame-proof resistors and
leave them a minimum of one body diameter above the board.

For this particular board, after the warranty "hold for inspection" period
is over, I will cut or grind out the carbon area, and drill a new hole for
the resistor.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr