[TechAssist] RCA CTC 169PC

  • From: "Bill S" <billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:47:36 -0800

Hi all
This unit came in dead with the HOT shorted as well as C4402 blown (bulge in
middle and changed values) and CR4402 shorted.  I replaced all three shorted
parts and turned the set on.  The set came up without any high voltage and
ticking coming from the splitter.  I disconnected the high voltage lead from
the flyback to the splitter and the ticking went away.  I replaced the
splitter unit and now I have high voltage and picture but the ticking is
still occuring and there is arcing in the picture.  Are there more parts
that are going bad in the HOT circuit thereby causing excessive high
voltage.  I am not sure if I am reading the high voltage right.  It says 30
KV but it seems to be fluctuating a bit too.
Thanks
Bill Sorensen
New Life Video & Audio
billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx