[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC 130 A blows H.O.T.

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:56:49 -0700 (PDT)

Bruce, The tuner control module is likely the
problem on this oldie.
PTS sent a notice out many years ago stating thus.
There is a cap on the solder side (tack soldered in
a sleave) that you simply cut out and throw away.
Also resolder ALL the stakes around the edges of
the board(MTTxxx).
I'm not in my old shop right now and cannot be more
specific.
Hopefully, someone else will take this up.
If not, I will try to find those old buletins
tonight.
HTH
Walter
--- Bruce Tiedeman <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> RCA CTC 130A (Note this chassis has no PW VIPUR
> Supply) Blows H.O.T
> repeatedly
>
> Changed the H.O.T transistor and checked flyback
> OK. Checked caps in the H.V
> section OK. Soldered the driver transistor and
> transformer. The driver pulse
> is there but is pulsing. I can't remember how to
> trouble shoot this supply
> so it does not pulse trying to start. I want to
> variac the B+ at start up to
> monitor the driver pulse.
> thanks for any info,
> Bruce.
>
> B&T Electronics
> 139 Margaret St
> Sarnia Ontario
> Canada
> N7T 2Y3
> 519 344 1850

> The Tech Address Book:

> Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your
> Email Address:
> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your
> Login Info?".

=====