[TechAssist] Re: Question Thomson technical help.

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:40:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bob  Your absolutely right it does not make sense to to have a .84 1w or 2w
(can't tell from the size), going to the collector of that transistor. It is
not shown in the Sams 4052. The Sams shows it like you described. That is why I
think that there is more than one configuration for this circuit. As mentioned
before if I disconnect that resistor I get 36v at the supply and on the
collector but I loose the sound. It was mentioned in one of the other post that
this is probably an alteration made by someone else. I would agree except the
solder connections appear to be wave soldered. Indicating that this was more
than likely done at the factory. Also the mute function works fine. I talked to
another tech friend from another shop and he said he pretty much just ignored
that problem. I can not believe it came from the factory with this problem. I
like to make everything work like it is supposed to if I can.  Paul
Gemini Computer & TV <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I have searched all my
resources and can't find anything except for Q11900
itself but I see that has already been replaced. The only resistors I see
off the collector of Q11900 are R11904 (1K that goes to pin 5 of the audio
amp IC and R11926 (15K that goes to +31VS source in parallel with C11907
(1uf). What is the reference number of this .84 ohm resistor you mention
because it doesn't make sense to have that value resistor off the collector
of Q11900?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager