[TechAssist] Re: QUASAR M/N SP3118U CHASSIS AEDC274

  • From: "Webster's TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:52:18 -0500

Sunny,

I have the schematic in paper only. If you want to borrow it, I can mail it
to you. Just let me know if you want it, and what your address is. The
reason I mentioned about replacing the IC again, is, if you replaced the IC,
and turned the unit on, without replacing C451 and C455 at the same time you
replace the IC, the IC can fail at turn on. Caused by either of these caps
being bad. I also, always use the Panasonic original IC #LA7836,  not a
generic, they're more expensive, but stand up better. Here's the voltage
source for IC451-- 27v originates from R819(1ohm) and D812, that is hooked
to pin S5 of power supply transformer T801(not flyback, as originally
thought).

 Here's the voltage measurements for IC451.

                        Pin 1----12.44v
                              2----4.19
                              3----6.31
                              4----0