[TechAssist] Philips/Magnavox TS3260, 32K800 chassis

  • From: MDileo0000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:47:32 EDT

 This set came in with a bad HVT and shorted HOT. Replaced with new factory
replacement. Normal picture , good fill and linearity. BUT, the E/W pincushion
circuit MOSFET, 7470, runs very hot but does not fail. However, the horizontal
output transistor is mounted on the same heatsink and in close proximity. The
high heat is causing the HOT to fail.
Voltages and waveform to the circuit appear normal. I can't get the
braintrust at Philips technical assistance to fart a clue. If anyone can pass
some gas
my way that is helpful, TIA. Gasmask on.

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Freeport, Maine
Classifieds! Buy or Sell!