[TechAssist] Philips TVCR model CCB092 - intermittent problems.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:27:50 -0700

Hi Members,
This set has came back 2 times with the cassette stuck in the loaded
position.
After pushing the on/off, and eject buttons several times, it finally starts
up, and starts working.
I know I need to disassemble and clean the mode switch, Prisim, etc., and
maybe replace the center LED,....but, before spending too much time on it, I
would like to ask a question.

On the main power supply PC board, there is a 2.7 ohm 1/4 watt resistor that
is tied to a pin on the Reg. IC (labeled R565). This resistor has a wire
soldered across it, to give it a resistance of "0" ohms. Is this a factory
modification. It looks like a slopy soldering job, and I wounder if this
could be related to my original problems. Should I remove the jumper wire ?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                                 "At least I'll go down
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087      swingin,......what a swingin
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822                          way to go."
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

be found on Google or any other engine!To remove or join, email
chat-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with remove or join as the subject.