[TechAssist] Re: Philips TV 32PT81 S127 / chassis 32H800. Service menu adjustments.

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:17:47 -0400

The new SSB board comes with instructions on how to do this....did you get
one yet?

Also.....before you change the board , if these symptoms match your
problem...change the zener diode.  I just did one & it worked fine!

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

PHILIPS   H8

Color No Go At Turn On (Or At Second Turn On After Ac Break). No Turn On
From Standby, Most Often After Standby Overnight

Fey'S Electronics

Cure:  Both Symptoms Are Cured By Replacing Zener Diode 6031 With Service
Code 9322 131 13685, A 2.4 Volt Part Or With 9340 548 42115, Also A 2.4 Volt
Part.  This Part Is On The Small Signal Board.   The Zener Is On The Side Of
The Ssb Facing The Tuner, Just Above Pin 5 Of Ic 7066.  The Pwb Is Marked A
And K.  The End Of The Part With The Bar Is K.

PHILIPS   H8

Intermittent Color, Shutdown, Power On.  Any Or All

Marshfield Tv

Replace Sur Mount Zener Diode 6031 On Small Signal Board, On Side Of Board
Closest To Tuner, Just Above Ic7066  (8 Pin Flatpack Near Center Of Board).
Replace With 2.4v Zener, Nte5000a Worked Fine.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@xxxxxxxx
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd