[TechAssist] Re: Philips TS3259C revisited

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:08:18 -0400

Long shot: could the set be in the wrong cable mode? (ICC? HRC?) Just
enough off standard to cause this?
Have you autoprogrammed it there?
Tryed setting to "mono" and see if those stations have both channels?
Could it be in SAP? Some stations transmit the main audio both to their
SAP and main together. An SAP defect?
Phil Bader

Hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I thought I was through with this one but ....it's back. Sent this to
> NESDAnet, but some of you guys are not on nesda...and I value your opinion.
>
> Have a Philips TS3259C that has weird audio problems. It is under N.E.W.
> warranty. In the customers home it has no left audio on channels 2 17 and 57.
> Right audio is OK. Hooked the set up directly to the main cable input and
> problem
> still exists...other TV's to the same line work fine. Brought the TV into the
> shop and it works fine here. Input a signal with a Sencore generator and all
> is fine. Philips Tek line says the customers cable company MIGHT be
> broadcasting the audio just a little off the FCC requirements, and that is
> why the other
> TV's work. I already have a service call with pick up and delivery that I did
> not get paid for. I could replace the tuner and get paid if it fixed the
> problem, however if I do and it does not....I don't get paid. The customer
> definitely has a problem, I just don't know how to resolve it.
>
> Tommy Herman
> Herman TV
> 250 School Ave SW
> Taylorsville  N.C.  28681
> 828-632-5322 Voice
> 828-632-3880  Fax
> hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> http://sell.tech-assist.org
> The Tech Address Book:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For Professional Technicians Only

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!