[TechAssist] Re: Philips 60P8342 chassis PTV916 service manual

  • From: "teltek3" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:03:01 -0400

Also..it's easy enough to order another board, and 10 years ago this might
have been feasable. Now you sort of play it by ear...or you lose the repair.
    Had a guy bring me in a 36" Mitsubishi a few days back, with no sound.
Told me right away if too much, not to repair it, and scrap it. (CS35701) I
gave him and estimate of just under $100. Nope...keep it for parts. So I
fixed it, will make a nice addition to my Living Room. Time to sell off the
45" R/P I have there now. The CS35701 has all the bells and whistles.PIP, 3
SVHS Inputs, Audio Integration with Mits Sound System. The guy wanted a new
one, and $100 was too high ..Go Figure. Didn't put any money into the
business, but don't have to go buy a TV either.
BTW...if anyone has the Original Remote kicking around for this set
(290P02502) willing to buy for a fair price. Could call the customer, but
don't want to rub salt in it.

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada