[TechAssist] Re: Philips 25ps40s121 Ch_25M800 weird vert problem

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:54:56 -0500

Dan:

I haven't tried another brand, at least not on these M8 and T8. But yeah, I
have subbed different brand yokes before, like Sharp and TCE. And those
noisy older NAP P and N chassis. I do know that a M8 and T8 same screen size
are interchangeable at least for test. I don't think they interchange
perfectly. But at least you can tell if the pix opens up even if it isn't
converged. Anything for a test to save replacing parts all over the board. I
now have one of each type for test so I know in a minute or two if I need to
order one for customer. I started getting them from dropped store stock
units or broken shadow mask units. We eventually managed to acquire some of
those sets. Stripped down for parts. I use those for test. If yoke bad we
order customer one, however, we stock new ones now for the 25" and 27".

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com