[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic TV

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:29:59 -0600

Jerry,
Worked on a Panasonic CT32G3W today. Had no video, no sound. It did have
chan # display.
The problem was corrosion at L003 & L004 at the front of the ckt bd, in
front of the cpu. The two leads of these coils had contamination across
them, shorting them together.

This was the clock and data lines to the eeprom from the cpu. Didn't have a
diagram, but got lucky.

I suspect the customer has a pet that is "marking" the crt or customer is
cleaning screen with too much cleaner, allowing it to run down the screen.
This in turn dripped down on the ckt bd. Only a drop or two, but enough to
short the data/clock lines together.

Hope this helps.
Paul W

From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Panasonic TV
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:05:50 -0500

Model: CT-27G20T
Chassis: AEPD246  vintage 1995
Problem: Set powers up, but no picture or sound, just black raster, no OSD,
no video sync getting to deflection.  Replaced signal process ic AN5163K, no
help.  I don't have service lit for this and am hoping not have to buy it,
but this is a repeat that had an unrelated problem about a month ago, so I
need to fix this cheaply, if possible.  Power supply voltages appear to be
correct as far as I can tell.  Data communication looks to be normal on the
I2C buss devices?  Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Jerry
Christian's Electronic Service