[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic TH-42PHD5 plasma, comes on for 5 seconds, turns off.

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:56:59 -0600

Kevin,
this may or may not apply to your model but I have seen this problem twice:
Symptom: The unit will intermittently shut down or go into stand-by mode.
The front power LED blinks 5 or 7 times. Often times cycling the power off
and on will turn the unit back on. Cause: IC551 fails due to an internal
defect in the IC. Remedy: Replace IC551 on all units with serial numbers
less than or equal to YD3510432 regardless of the original complaint or
symptom. Order part number C5HABZZ00123. Note: Units with serial numbers
greater than YD3510433 already have an improved IC551 and are not affected.

sending you pdf of bulletin privately
Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc