[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT-32HX40B, Chassis DX2/AP346 Int High Voltage

  • From: "art bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:23:10 -0400

Thanks for getting back to me on this:

Actually, there are a ton of relays in this set. There is one that turns =
on
the main ac supply, one for the degausser, one relay puts a short across =
soft start resistor after a short turn on delay, and the one that send =
the
140Vdc over to the horizontal (B+ on/off).

The pins at the microprocessor that I've checked (ac on/off and degauss) =
are
toggling at the micro and the relays are working. The B+ on/off is not
picking up, and that's what I'm trying to find the cause of. What I'm
imagining is that the micro is looking for some kind of feedback about
something or other before it picks up the B+ on signal, but there is =
nothing
in the manual or schematic that indicates what that logic might be.

Until I got another tip about the soft start resistor, I didn't even =
realize
that relay existed so I plan to check on it's operation first thing in =
the
morning.

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV