[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT32G13W AEDP305 dead

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 1980 11:22:39 -0600

Peter,

Here's a tip, on a set I had that was hit by lightning, and had low standby
voltage. I checked parts in the 13v standby circuit, and ended up finding
pins 22 & 61 of IC001 shorted to ground, also found shorted diode D011.
Replacing D011 & IC001 brought TV back to life, but I couldn't turn the unit
on or off right with power button. Ended up finding defective transistor
Q001 in on/off relay circuit. ( this transistor is PC mounted under chassis)
Lightning can cause so many different problems, that this tip may not be of
any help to you, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

                                     Dan Webster
                                     Webster's TV
                                     Shullsburg, Wi.