[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT27S2S

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:01:13 -0500

I remember reading an email about this so I just scanned for it and
found it. Here is the info:

MDileo0000@xxxxxxx wrote:

The original used is an STK730-020A. These are screened for their fast
slew rate for full turn on and do run hot. The case stamp of the
original will not have an "A" on it or any other mark, but on the
heatsink backplate it will be marked STK730-020B. Stupid system but
true. The current capacity of the non "A" type is the same but will
derate rapidly as the temperature rises and will fail. -030 or -150 will
not hold up for the same reason. Maybe a -050 will work as I was advised
by someone that they were using it reliably. I suspect it will draw more
total current. The original is NLA from Panasonic, still available from
B&D Enterprises and Tritronics and they absolutely are the same as
original. Little chance there is anything else wrong in the circuit it
is installed in.

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Freeport, Maine