[TechAssist] Re: PC Question -Windows is gone!

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:49:33 -0500

I thought I had lost mine a few years ago, running W98/2.
I called an industrial computer tech I know. He said to keep shutting it
down and starting it again. He said Windows stores 10 or more copies of
previous configurations. When the newest one won't boot, it keeps going back
to an earlier one. I did that about four times and it finally came up OK.

I can say this now because I just had it happen again last week and after
going to bed thinking I was going to have to do a reinstall the next day, I
remembered it. It worked, but it took about 8 shut downs and reboots this
time.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH