[TechAssist] Orion TV2501B..Press power, then Bright retrace and turns off OK.

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:29:12 -0400

Below is the original post on this unit. Now it seems to work fine, except for
bright retrace as it powers
down, only for a brief second. All voltages to CRT drivers drop to 25 vdc, then
back up to 40vdc when the
set shuts off..
Does anyone have a print of the ABL circuit for this unit..or other ideas?
Thank you.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
ph..717-939-7708 fax...717-564-4952
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
> This set came in with no video. HV and audio are fine. CRT filaments
are
> > lit.
> > > No G2 voltage, I do have 140x3 on CRT pins, but no other voltages.
> > > B+ is 135.8
> > > I am leaning towards the vertical IC.
> > > I have 26.7 on 2; 27.5 on 3 and 13.3 on pin 5. It is a LA78041
> > > I suspect the vertical IC because the heatsink for the
> > HOT(2SD2499)/vertical IC gets really hot after a
> > > few minutes.
> > > I verified the vertical chip was running hot by cooling it down  and
> > placing fingers on both components
> > > and the vertical IC roasted first. I also checked the HOT which seemed
> > fine..has an internal diode that
> > > tested.
> > > I increased the G2 and still no raster. Has anyone no this IC to cause
> no
> > video, before I order one?
> > > Thank you.

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!