[TechAssist] Re: Orion TV TV2501B..No video; Audio, HV OK.(2001)

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:34:26 -0500

Hi Jeff. If you have 140 v on the R G B cathodes, and you have
no video, not even a raster trace, you'd better concentrate on G2
Don't worry about vert  IC, if the set was in shut down for any
cause, the crt cathodes voltage would range between 200 and 210v.
bypass cap in G2?? series resistor?? bad flyback (G2 pot)
something around that, possibly.
HTH Jorge

At 05:42 p.m. 06/08/03 -0400, you wrote:

>No schematic.
>This set came in with no video. HV and audio are fine. CRT filaments are lit.
>No G2 voltage, I do have 140x3 on CRT pins, but no other voltages.
>B+ is 135.8
>I am leaning towards the vertical IC.
>I have 26.7 on 2; 27.5 on 3 and 13.3 on pin 5. It is a LA78041
>I suspect the vertical IC because the heatsink for the
>HOT(2SD2499)/vertical IC gets really hot after a
>few minutes.
>I verified the vertical chip was running hot by cooling it down  and
>placing fingers on both components
>and the vertical IC roasted first. I also checked the HOT which seemed
>fine..has an internal diode that
>tested.
>I increased the G2 and still no raster. Has anyone no this IC to cause no
>video, before I order one?
>Thank you.
>

>Jeff Dougherty
>Intrepid Video TV/VCR
>263 S Front St
>Steelton PA 17113
>ph..717-939-7708 fax...717-564-4952
>www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

>Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>http://sell.tech-assist.org
>The Tech Address Book:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>Lost Password:
>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>Email Archives:

Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org