[TechAssist] Old Kenwood Stereo KR5030 anyone have schematic, please

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:28:38 -0400

I have an old Kenwood stereo receiver model KR5030 which came into the
shop with the power switch arcing like crazy. Jumpered the switch but
the speaker relay is not engaging.

I found the relay driver transistor open and one next to it shorted.
Replaced those and C33 and C34. Still acts the same. I have 45V on the
top end of the relay coil and 43.7 on the other end. Base of driver
transistor is not going high, so the collector is not going low to allow
the relay coil to conduct. Took relay out and cleaned the contacts and
connected it to my bench supply at it's rated 24V dc coil. Relay works
fine. Have checked resistors and diodes near relay. I have 47V or -47V
on the output amp transistors collectors. Audio is present at the relay
contacts.

Does anyone have a schematic of this or similar model?

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics