[TechAssist] Re: (No Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:37:48 -0700

  • From: "TechAssist Admin." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 06:18:49 -0500

You don't have to change your email address to change email
programs.
-Clint

God Bless Us All
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tech-Assist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Watcher Watcher <Watcher000000000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: October 04, 2001 4:23 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: CTC-177AA BAD POST ALERT! ALERT!
ALERT

>Hello Ken, I am familiar with computers, I repair them all
the time. My problem is with the operating system I am using,
M.E. and
Explorer 6.0 preview2 doesn't allow for my signature on
replies, only on original e-mails I write. If someone knows
how to make it
do it on replies too, I am all ears and would appreciate the
info.
>Affordable John.
>Affordable Electronics
>Tumwater Wash.

ALERT

>Dear John, Dave, and All,
>
>Sorry if you were offended.  Jeff and Phillip and great guys
and pour a
>lot of time into helping people.  There have been a number
of posts
>recently that were less than adequate.  I had a similar
reaction to the
>post, I must admit.  Almost like the customer who calls you
on the phone
>and says her TV won't come on and then asks how much it will
cost to fix
>it.  Not enough information for an answer.
>
>Knowing what to include in a plea for help is not always
easy.  Earlier
>today, I asked for help on a Sony with regulation problems.
Someone
>wrote back and said "Resolder horizontal driver
transformer."  I thought
>"Anybody would know to do that on a Sony."  But, not so.  It
took a while
>for me to learn that for myself, and I didn't include that
in my post.

>Dave, 99.44% of the techs know about the ground plane
problems with RCA
>and GE, but you didn't say you had done the TGP.  If you had
done so, my
>first thought would have been a solder splash.  You gave no
history,
>implying that it came in for just the snow problem.
>
>John, when you take the time to write, what is a few extra
keystrokes to
>sign it?  I spent months writing out a "sig file" until I
realized I
>could do it in a click of the mouse.  That is in Juno.  I
click "Edit"
>and "Insert Signature into Message".  I understand others
insert it
>automatically when you send.  If you need help, just ask for
it.  There
>is a great bunch here with knowledge over my head.
>
>All, I hope we all can use this situation to think a little
more.  Let's
>make it a positive learning experience.
>
>Sincerely,
>

>Ken Smith
>Gulf Technical Services
>3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
>Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
>850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)
>
>-----------------------
>

>On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:14:11 -0700 "Watcher Watcher"
><Watcher000000000@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> I have been trying to get my e-mail signature on my
replies for 2
>> days now....I am using WinME and Explorers newest browser.
It will
>> put it on only the original messages I type, but not any
of the
>> replies. What a pain it is to have to type it in each time
I reply
>> to a post. Watcher is a nickname friends gave me, they
also call me
>> affordable John, and Hitachi John. I don't care to remain
anonymous,
>> but my account won't let me change anything.
>> John Florea
>> Affordable Electronics
>> Tumwater Washington
>> 360-786-9507

anonymous.
>> Your post should include your name, company name and city
and state.
>> Just like the majority of the posts on here.
>>
>> Jeff(vacation 10-6 to 10-11) www.9-11-2001tragedy.com
>> Help those affected by the NY/PA tragedy:
>> The Red Cross needs is mobilizing a national blood drive
and needs
www.thetoolcaddy.com

tech tips on
>> this
>> > chassis

>> > Help make your TechAssist online repair tips
>> > database better!  Submit your fixes here:
>> > http://www.circuitwork.com/techassist/tip/#tips
>> > To unsubscribe write to:
>> > techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.Get more from the
Web.