[TechAssist] Re: Newer Zenith Flatrons Loud Popping snd ?

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:41:33 -0400

Some of the CTC203 RCA's get an arc from a pinhole in the fly over to
ground.
Beleive it or not, I've found arc points by slowly breathing over the
suspected area (like when you try to fog a mirror with a breath). The
resulting hiss, corona,etc locates it...
So does a 25KV arc up your left nostril.
That's gotta leave a mark...
Phil Bader

gulftech@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>Keith,
>
>Just a guess--discharge of high voltage.  Check around the second anode
>and the anode cup for signs.  If cup not damaged, remove it, clean the
>area with a solvent, and seal with RTV (silicone rubber).  Also check the
>lead dress of the HV wire.
>
>That problem is real common over on Pensacola Beach in the hotels &
>motels.  They usually let them go long enough to require replacement of
>the cup.
>
>HTH,
>

>Ken Smith
>Gulf Technical Services
>3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
>Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
>850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)
>

>On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:45:11 -0500 "Keith Trumbla"
><keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>>I have been selling these Flat CRT sets (D27F45G) for about 4 years
>>now without a breakdown. Now I have two (a 24" & 27") that have the
>>same complaint from two different customers. They say it makes a
>>really loud crack then goes dark. It scares them to a point where
>>they don't want to use them anymore. Both of my customers are
>>seniors in this case. They don't have humidifiers. The 27" is in my
>>shop and has been as quiet as a church mouse for two days. Anyone
>>seen this before ?
>>TIA
>>Keith Trumbla
>>BEM Electronics
>>Suite 212-530 Century St.
>>Winnipeg Canada
>>R3H 0Y4
>>Ph.204.775.2875
>>Fax.204-774.9192
>>www.bemelectronics.com

>----
>

>>Lost Password:
>>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login Problems?".
>>Email Archives:
>>//www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/

>The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx