[TechAssist] Re: Need parts ID in a RCA satellite receiver DRD420RE

  • From: "peter kowalik" <pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:31:54 -0400

Jon, Chances are that there are considerably more parts bad than the 2
resistors burnt. Most of the units I've seen that were smoked had at the
very least 8-10 components bad. The ones that we have repaired won't come on
or blink on and off and need 2 diodes and the FET. For what a new ystem
costs in your neck of the woods why would you bother pursuing a repair that
would likely make you a lifetime family member of another family (warranty).
Peter Kowalik ---pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx    Keith's Stereo Burlington On. ----if
you really want the values of those 2 resistors I will look them up PK