[TechAssist] Philips/mag.TV TS2744C106,vertical overscan?

  • From: jorge miret <jorge_miret@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 06:58:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello:
Have Philips/Magnavox TV Model TS2744C106,Chassis#
27B700-7562,which came in dead,only a pup,pup every
second in the speakers.I found C506 shorted and after
replacing it then TV went into S/D,found IC500
(vertical) shorted and replaced.
Now TV works ok but when cable signal is used it seems
like vertical overscan in the top portion of the
image,if antenna is used it dont seems to affect.
I dont have any idea why it is doing this only with
cable signal.Do I have to adjust the vertical height?
after replacing the vertical ic (TDA9302H).
Also I have replaced caps of vertical section,and same
results.
I would like to try to adjust vert.height but dont
know how to enter service menu.
Any help on this,am I in the right direction?
TIA,
Jorge.

=====
Jorge Aguado-Puerto Rico